[OpenIPMap] Bringing CAIDA's geoloc efforts into the fold

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Wed Jun 18 13:30:14 CEST 2014

On 18.06.14 11:47 , Sebastian Pesman wrote:

> Are there any ideas or plans to detect /( like 80% resolved correctly to
> IATA / ruleset / other mechanism)/ mismatches and to publish lists or
> send out notifications or other solutions to inform the PTR holders that
> there is an error? I would think that at a certain level you can
> conclude that a certain party has the intention to keep correct PTR
> records and if so, they probably would like to have these correct as
> possible thus would be open for pointing out incorrect records.

A "List of Possible Interface/Router Name Mistakes" would be a good
feature in OpenIPMap. I am not sure about how to reliably push this
information. Let's make the list first.

I am working on automatic detection of gross geolocation errors using
RIPE Atlas. Once that is done we could automatically add entries to such
a list.

Daniel