[OpenIPMap] Geolocating remote peerings at IXPs

Sebastian Pesman sebastian.pesman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:40:17 CEST 2015

This issue happens aswell with IPv6 tunneling and VPN's. Though there is an
initiative to find such devices http://www.tracebox.org/ though that is far
from being applied to IPmap. The same is with virtual switches that can
move their IP from a datacenter in Rotterdam (NL) to their co-datacenter in
Amsterdam (NL). Or Anycast solutions, which might bring some new weirdness.

Not to excuse anything for OpenIPmap; at least it's a lot more detailed
then current "visual route" information. As this is something very new I
think we will run into more interessting situations.