[OpenIPMap] Update from RIPE69

Sebastian Pesman sebastian.pesman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:03:47 CET 2014

Hi,

In case the traceroute comes from atlas, could we show the location of the
probe where the trace is started in the traceroute overview? It can help
hinting where the first few hops must be. And if the trace is to a anchor
or probe show the location (city) of that. This would not appear to be very
complex to implement.

Also, for others to use there should be some sort of mechanism that they
can get updates on a regular interval. I could imagine that another service
using this data does not want to query openipmap on every lookup. Maybe
thinking about if and if so, how others could return updates to openipmap,
requireing everybody to only enter via Openipmap could lead into it being
only a good point of start and then being not maintained after a while, I'm
not aware of how this is done with openstreetmap.

Would love to see some more traces from China and South America as there
are very few of those in the atlas environment.

Best regards