[OpenIPMap] Geolocating remote peerings at IXPs

Sebastian Pesman sebastian.pesman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:12:57 CEST 2015

As far as I know;

IP's are individually registerd / saved. It could be that is incorrect but
then it can be corrected.

What also can happen is that someone uploads an IP range with a location,
like your situation the assumption that all those IP's belong to Ams-ix
therefore are geolocated in Amsterdam. If I'm correct it's like routing,
the more specific information will overrule the the less-specific tagging.

Also, I'm not aware of any connections/relations between IX's IP blocks and
OpenIPmap such as sites as peeringdb do.

Sebastian